Friday, April 5, 2013

An Update from Collin

It is hard to believe that this trip has almost come to a close! We have had a wonderful time and know the remainder will be wonderful as well! I know it is getting close to time leave though, because I am running out of shampoo and soap! I was getting nervous cause it looked like if I did run out, my choices were going to be "dark raspberry vanilla" or "be enchanted"... neither of those I really want to be smelling like!!! Thankfully Connor packed for like year! There are many things that I've learned and lots has happened since I've been here. Hopefully I will get time to put one post about a few of the lessons learned on soon, but right now I just want to give a update of what's going on here.

The last few days have been routine. With Matt trying to get over this sickness, I've been stuck in the ground instead of in the air. That's ok though cause I have gotten to do some very special things because of it. For the majority of this week, Connor and I have been working on the guesthouse. Friday was the first market that Connor and I went to by ourselves. We had to pickup two pineapples for supper for Mrs. Becky. We also stayed for the market preaching that Konos and the preacher boys did. It was neat! That afternoon, I got to play my first game of volleyball in PNG. It was interesting! I did okay but the rules were wild. I had a hard time getting them but after a game or two, I had the major ones figured out. I had a good time and really enjoyed meeting some new people.

Plans have changed and Connor and I aren't going to the coast to visit the newest church plant. I am okay with that but would have enjoyed the trip. I talked with Bro. Will who is going down near there and he said the food was amazing. They are right on the coast and for 10 Kina you can get a big bucket of crab or shrimp! I really hate that we missed that but we are looking forward to spending our last weekend in Kotidonga.

Today we are actually going to be getting ready to leave. I think that I may pack because we leave on Monday for Moresby. We are going in on the Allen's supply run. On Monday we are going to be helping with the supply pickup. I am looking forward to getting an idea of the cost of supplies over here. Then on Tuesday, when Drew gets in, we are going to go check out the markets and the shops. But for today, I am going to take a walk and some pictures of the water systems and the solar hook ups. They have them set up very efficiently and I would like to have the pictures for later. We also may go swimming again. Today it is in the mid-80's. Tomorrow will be our very first service in Kotidonga.

No comments:

Post a Comment