Tuesday, March 19, 2013

An email from Drew

Hey y'all this is Drew.

Everything is going great over here. Today we had Bible school and I got to meet several people. They are great men and women and it was a blessing. I was able to understand some of the pidgin Bro. Dick was teaching in. At the end I gave my testimony and Bro. Dick translated. They all loved it and said amen. These people have great hearts. They also are very excited to see a white man. I took pictures of people and they all love it. I can't send pictures but I am going to send Kelley something to put on the blog.

After Bible school we came back and ate lunch (Mrs.Cindy is a great cook) and then we walked down to the river. It was very steep and these boys got me a walking stick. The land is beautiful.

I got to meet a man that said he remembers when Japan dropped bombs on the airport here in WW2. He said he was the first person to start this village here. A man named Supai told me he would take me and show me the village where he lives and show me around. He is in the Bible school.

We are going to town tomorrow and then going to church where Pastor Vincent is the preacher. He lives close to us here. There is much more I could say but I will stop. I will write y'all again and Bro. Dick said I can call tomorrow while his truck is getting serviced. It will be around five-thirty or six.
-Drew

(This is another email Drew wrote his parents....as you probably gathered. I never got anything for the blog, so we'll just keep waiting for that. :) -Kelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment