Friday, March 22, 2013

Excerpts from Bro. Dick

Drew is doing well.  I am sick as a dog  and puke every time I think of what Drew did. (just kidding about sick and puking; Superman has an image to uphold you know).  Yesterday morning I went into the bathroom which Drew and I share and brushed my teeth.  MY TOOTHBRUSH WAS WET!!!!!!!!!!!  His was dry.  Brother since his suitcase was lost and is still out there somewhere (probably in some national's house now being enjoyed by the guy that works in baggage at Air Nuigini haha) I have been sharing my clothes, shoes with him.  We share the same bathroom.  But NOT THE SAME TOOTHBRUSH  ugh!!!  What is Jim teaching those teens up there in that class of his.  One body, one mouth?  I Cor 12 Get real.  I saw a picture of the inside of his suitcase.  It was filled with toothbrushes.  Too bad that his luggage was lost.
     
      Right now Drew is up at the church helping pastor Vincent hang some 4mm plywood on the inside walls of the church or suppose to be doing that; I haven't heard any hammer pounding in the last hour; probably up there sleeping or sitting around telling war stories.  The people have really taken to him. 

Monday his flight was an hour late and without his luggage.  They had some plane trouble in Brisbane and the airlines had to put them up overnight there.  I am thinking his luggage may have been lost there but who knows.
     
Tuesday he and I went down to the river and crossed it and came back.  It is a rather steep climb.  It is  raining almost daily and most nights so the trail was slippery but we managed with two legs, a walking stick, and holding on with the other hand.  The river was high and running full at probably 35-40 miles an hour.  There is a metal, swinging bridge that you cross that sways sideways as you cross.  With the water running under you it can be dizzy crossing if you look down at the water but he managed well.  I had to stop four or five times on the way up.  I thought he beat me badly but later at night I got up to go to the bathroom at 8:20 pm and his light was off in his bedroom.  HA the old man out lasted the youth.  I was quite pleased lying in bed.  Before he arrived I had turned my Superman shirt inside out so that the big "S"was on the inside.  I think I will turn it back out to the outside.

Thursday went to RI class.  Drew gave his testimony and preached on the Prodigal son; did a good job.  No one got saved; it seems it comes in spurts; last week 10 got saved.  But the seed was planted.

 He says he is loving it over here.  We are doing fine suppose he doesn't use my toothbrush anymore.  Turn the cheek once; but look out the second time.  haha  See ya.

Vincent took Drew down the mountain again today with another man. Crossed another type of bridge.  Drew took many pictures and several video's of the walk.  This was Drew's second bush walk; sunny today so the path was drier except where the tree canopy covered the path.

Thank Cornerstone for their giving for making this trip possible.  Drew prays for the teens calling many by name in our family devotions at night.

- Bro. Dick

1 comment:

  1. Bro. Dick,
    David and I have so enjoyed your posts! We have always loved your sense of humor. I'm sure that has helped Drew get through the trama of having no luggage! We will beef up our praying that it arrives SOON! And if it makes you feel any better, David said Drew got a good check-up last time he was in the dentist office!

    ReplyDelete