Monday, March 18, 2013

And so it begins....Kotidanga

Today, we got up at 4 AM to leave the hotel to go to the airport to make our flight to Port Morsbey. We made it to Morsbey safely, and then Drew split up from Collin and me. Just as we were leaving, Drew was talking to a man about finding his luggage and the man thought that he had actually seen Drew's bag at the airport already, so they were going off to search for it. I do not know if they ever did find it, but we all pray that they did for Drew's sake.

We flew an hour-and-a-half with Bro. Matt to a village close to his, and then got on his Mule to ride another hour to Kotidanga, Matt's village.  We were given a tour by Andrew, a young man who is here helping Matt.

Tomorrow, I am leaving with Bro. Jason Ottosen to go help him build his house in one of the neighboring villages.  We leave at 5 AM to drive the hour back to the plane for the trip. The entire flight will take only four and a half minutes, but if we had to hike, it would take over twelve hours.  I will be staying with him for four days helping him to build his house before Matt comes back and picks us up on Friday.  Collin or Drew will have to keep you updated because they do not have internet in the bush.  I appreciate everyone's prayers for us while we are here.  I hope I have a great report when I get back.

-Connor

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!
    Don't forget to take lots of pictures of all the scenery around you. Be safe! Take your Epi-pen with you!!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mom! Lots of pictures are a must - scenery, nationals, the other missionaries, and never forget that YOU need to be in some (a lot) of them! So excited to hear how it goes! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connor, my heart is literally about to burst! Thank you for taking me back, even if it was only in my thoughts :) Cannot wait to hear how your trip goes!

    ReplyDelete