Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pictures from Connor! (Trip to Komako)

 Me eating sugar cane.

 My first true bush meal. Greens, field corn avocado, and kau kau, and taro.

 Marita tubes waiting to be cooked. 

 Jason taking pictures of kids, and showing them what they look like. 

The hut where Jason and I stayed. 

 The trail to the hut.

 Where we get our fresh water.

 Marking the corner posts of the house. 

 Marking the posts between the corner posts.

 The finished "wood shed" that was completed the morning we left. 


1 comment:

  1. You guys are really "taking me home" with all these stories! Sure wish I could go back someday for a visit! It sounds like you guys are getting a dose of the "real thing" spending those days and nights in the bush and living with the critters, and enjoying that good food, the bush walks, the swims in the rivers, and of course, interacting with the people. Keep these posts and pictures coming! I check for them every day! You're making me jealous! :) Hey, bring me a kaukau!

    ReplyDelete