Friday, March 22, 2013

Hey y'all...

Hello y'all, this is Drew.

Everything here is going good. Yesterday was a great day. We didn't have anything going on until the afternoon RI class so I left that morning and met up with pastor Vincent that lives next door. He took me all over and I met a lot of people. Some took me into their huts and showed me their pigs. I took a lot of pictures too. They love it when you take their picture. After that I came home and we ate lunch. Then we headed out and caught a bus (these Toyota vans that drive around) to the RI class. This is on Thursdays. The high school lets anyone come in and sing and teach. The Mormons, Catholics, Lutherans, Seventh Day Adventist, and others come. We had a packed out classroom of high school students. Bro. Dick led a song and then let me preach. I preached on the prodigal son and it's picture of salvation. Bro. Dick came up after me and preached too. It was a blessing and the students seemed to enjoy it. We left there and started walking down the road passing out tracts. Pastor Vincent was with us and John. John is a 10th grader who leads up devotions for the boys. Most of the students live at the high school during the week because they have to walk back home which would be miles. John is doing a good job by witnessing to then.

    Any ways, we headed down the road passing out tracts and people were holding out their hands to get one. If we came upon a group of people, Bro. Dick would stop and preach for about five minutes. People would gather around and listen intently.

    It has rained a lot so we hope that will slow down.

-Drew

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Drew! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Hopefully your luggage will get there soon. :)Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drew...this is Cha Cha, :)
    Sounds like your having a great time! Praying for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like things are going great over there! I can't wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!

    ReplyDelete